This chapel was built in 1884 by and for the workers in what was at that time a thriving orange industry of central Florida. A hard freeze in February 1895 changed everything.
The orange trees were killed and the workers moved on, so use of the chapel ended.
A decade later it was found by hunters in an area completely overgrown by trees and weeds. It was moved to its present location and restored. The chapel is still being used for weddings and special occasions. The stained glass windows were a particular challenge. The windows were made from hand painted Plexiglas.
This is on display in the Altamonte Springs Library, Altamonte Springs, FL.
View More photos of this Scale Model Home